Reacting to the Past (a CLIL pedagogy) Special JALT Workshop
Date: Saturday, May 11th, 2013 Time: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speaker: Nick Proctor (Simpson College)
This two-day event will introduce a new CLIL based pedagogy called Reacting to the Past (RTTP) and demonstrate how to use it in the classroom. Much of the workshop will consist of playing RTTP games so that participants can get a feel for how to incorporate this style of teaching into their lessons. Additionally, presentations will be given aimed at how RTTP can benefit language teachers and provide a new and fun method of instructions that will not only help students learn, but get them to enjoy doing so.
Organization: Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 2,800 yen
Non-members: 4,500 yen
Venue: Sophia University, Yotsuya Campus, Tokyo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code: