On the Edge: Integrating Technologies in the Curriculum
Date: Saturday, April 13th, 2002 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Paul Collett, Nigel Stott, Malcolm Swanson
Technology is always embraced in the classroom, but the current wave of Internet and multimedia-based tools make it easy for teachers to fall behind. The presenters will introduce ideas for utilising these appealing technologies. Collett discusses creating wireless content-based sites students can access through portable devices, particularly cell phones. Stott looks at creating and using multimedia software. Swanson describes a course on multimedia technology used in a junior college. The session will end with a Q&A session with participants.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Kitakyushu International Conference Center, room 31
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: