The Three Keys to Unlocking Culture: Perception, Perception, Perception!
Date: Sunday, May 27th, 2001 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Ray Donahue, Nagoya Gakuin University
Increasingly, second language educators must unlock the mysteries of culture for their charges. Cultures differ according to their preferred styles or strategies of communication. As focus on communicative competence and study abroad rise, we are increasingly placed in the role of an interpreter of culture--how successfully depends largely on our own perception. This workshop aims to sharpen perception by exploring various perceptual puzzles about Japan and critically analyzing the contrastive rhetoric between Japanese and English.
Organization: Nagoya Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagoya JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center, 3F, Rm 2
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagoya JALT
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 052-781-4679
Email QR Code:
Mobile phone: 090-4265-0526