PAC 2013: Tradition and Innovation in Language Education (day 3 of 3)
Date: Saturday, December 7th, 2013 Time: Time TBA
Speaker: Call for papers due April 30, 2013 (extended deadline)
PAC 2013 will be held 5-7 December, 2013 in Cebu City, Philippines. The Pan-Asian Consortium of Language Teaching Associations (PAC) is a series of conferences, publications (proceedings and journals) and research networks, organized by a group of language teaching associations in East Asia, in order to create a forum for language teachers from throughout the region to explore matters of mutual professional interest. PAC was initially created a by the Japan Association for Language Teaching (JALT), Korea TESOL (KOTESOL) and Thailand TESOL (ThaiTESOL) in 1994. Since that time the English Teachers Association of the Republic of China (ETA) joined PAC in 1999, the Far Eastern English Teachers' Association (FEELTA) joined in 2001, and the Philippine Association for Language Teaching, Inc. in 2007.
Call for Papers due
March 15 April 30
The call for papers has been extended to April 30, 2013.
- Mother tongue-based multi-lingual education (MTB-MLE) in the K-12 curriculum
- Use of multi-media, multi-level and multi-text types to develop functional literacy
- Multi-tasks and strategy training for learner autonomy
- Interactive and collaborative tasks to develop oral communication skills
- Face-to-face and online computer-assisted language learning
- Extrospective and introspective measures to evaluate language proficiency
- Top-down discourse approach to develop reading and writing skills
- Shifting from the traditional goal-centered input-based education (IBE) approach to the learner-centered outcome-based education (OBE) in designing language plans and programs
- Language education policies in multi-lingual societies
- Classroom and action research
- Innovative language teacher education programs
- Proposals for paper reading (40 minutes), teaching demonstration (60 minutes), and panel discussion (60 minutes) may be submitted. Kindly refer to the list of conference topics.
- Submit a 250-word abstract with a 150-word information about the presenter/s to email@example.com on or before
15 March30 April 2013 (extended deadline).
Early Registration: USD 120 on or before 1 October 2013. Regular Registration: USD 150. Registration fee covers meals and materials only. To register, send an email expressing interest to participate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details and procedures of payment shall be sent via email.
Organization: Pan-Asian Conference on Language Teaching and Learning (Pan-Asian Conference)
Cost: Early Registration: USD 120 on or before 1 October 2013. Regular Registration: USD 150
Venue: Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites, Mabolo, Cebu City, Philippines
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Pan-Asian Conference
Email QR Code: