English Teaching Workshop:
Date: Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Speaker: Yuco Kikuchi (English Pier)
Part 1: 13:00-14:30 JHS English Lesson and Materials
In this workshop, participants will discuss the challenges many students face when they learn English at JHS. Participants will examine the grammar points that are difficult for each grade, and how to help students overcome these challenges. Materials for both juku-style and communication-oriented class, including listening and reading, will also be shown.
This workshop will be live-streamed.
Those who wish to view the workshop online should contact Masami Kikuchi at for more details. Pre-registration is required for both onsite and online participants.
Part 2, 14:30-15:00 Studying for TKT, Module 1, Unit 9, Motivation
Participants are expected to bring
1) a copy of The TKT Course Module 1, 2 and 3. second edition. (ISBN 978-0-521-12565-9) Cambridge University Press. or
2) visit cambridgeesol.org/exams/tkt and obtain the necessary materials.
Organization: English Teaching Workshop
Cost: English Teaching Workshop Members: 1,000 yen
Non-members: online participants and non-members 1,500
Venue: Shin-Koiwa Chiku Center address: 2-17-1 Sinkoiwa, Katsushika-ku phone: 03-3653-7141 http://www.city.katsushika.lg.jp/2876/2878/003070.html
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact English Teaching Workshop
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 043-251-0027