Kyoto Institute of Technology:
Introducing English speaking tests into university entrance examinations in Japan
Date: Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Nic Underhill, Makoto Hirano (MEXT), Kensaku Yoshida (Sophia University), Yuji Nakamura (Keio University)
This symposium will discuss the possibility of introducing English speaking tests into the university's entrance examinations and will try to identify the benefits of introducing speaking tests, factors impeding the introduction, and possible solutions.
About the speakers:
- Nic Underhill (Consultant in International Education and Assessment, former Assistant Director at Cambridge ESOL)
- Makoto Hirano (Head of Office for University Entrance Examinations, University Promotion Division, Higher Education Bureau of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan)
- Kensaku Yoshida (Professor and Director of the Center for Language Education and Research, Sophia University)
- Yuji Nakamura (Professor, Keio University)
The symposium will be held in Japanese with Nic Underhill's English presentation being interpreted into Japanese. Please see the symposium web page for details.
Organization: Kyoto Institute of Technology
Venue: Kyoto Institute of Technology
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kyoto Institute of Technology
Phone (work): 075-724-7013