High Stakes Interaction in a Company Audit
Date: Saturday, April 13th, 2013 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Alan Simpson (Asahi Kasei, Miyazaki)
Alan Simpson will discuss his research on the complex language required in multinational audits. After highlighting the types of communicative problems and opportunities in this high-stake environment, he will address some of the communicative strategies typically used and introduce ways to develop participants' interaction skills to help them cope with situations where there is a breakdown in communication or when they are asked questions which are difficult to answer.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (free for students)
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan, 2-11 Dejimamachi (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: