Teaching Humor in the EFL Classroom
Date: Sunday, April 21st, 2013 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Richard Hodson (Lecturer, University of Nagasaki Siebold)
Why should we consider teaching humour in EFL classes? How should we select and use humorous texts? In this presentation, Richard Hodson will introduce some of the theoretical and practical issues behind the teaching of humor, as well as sharing results from his classroom research into EFL learners responses to English jokes.
Organization: Hiroshima Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hiroshima JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1-Day members: 500 yen; Students: 250 yen
Venue: Peace Park, 3F Conference Room
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hiroshima JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: