1. Reflections on peer assessment of oral presentations; 2. Tabletop roleplaying games (RPGs) and EFL
Date: Saturday, June 15th, 2013 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: 1. David Townsend; 2. Magnus Kuwahara Magnusson
1. Reflections on peer assessment of oral presentations
The presenter will detail his findings on a one-year study of students assessing each other's presentations, including potential benefits and pitfalls as well as future areas of study.
2. Tabletop roleplaying games (RPGs) and EFL
Magnus Kuwahara Magnusson
The presenter will demonstrate how to use RPGs in small, low-level classes and how to maximize the frequency of target language without losing the entertainment aspect of the game.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University, Logos Hall, Okayama
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: