Caring about learners of nursing English: Adaptable vocabulary activities for ESP and beyond
Date: Saturday, May 11th, 2013 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Simon Capper (Japanese Red Cross College of Nursing, Hiroshima)
Nursing English students with limited English proficiency are frequently overwhelmed by large amounts of new occupation-related vocabulary. Avoiding this pitfall requires both creativity and practicality. This workshop introduces some engaging vocabulary activities that encourage meaningful recycling and repetition, while also being adaptable for general (non-ESP) courses. Simon's second, shorter presentation will introduce the JALT Teachers Helping Teachers SIG Kyrgyzstan seminar.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Notre Dame Seishin University, Logos Hall room 712L
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: