Language Codes: Helping teachers decode the 'L' in JALT
Date: Saturday, June 8th, 2013 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Michael Phillips
This presentation will be divided into three short workshop sessions. Initial discussions will centre on a definition and understanding of what language codes both embody and represent. The next stage will explore the related concepts of personal idiolects and the expression of language identity. The third session will lead into a final open forum opportunity by exploring more specific in-class diglossic issues, and challenge participant notions of correctness, acceptability, and accommodation.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Wel-Tobata, Tobata, Kitakyushu (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: