Ideas and Inspiration for Raising Bilingual Kids
Date: Saturday, May 25th, 2013 Time: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Speaker: Adam Beck, author of the blog Bilingual Monkeys
Adam Beck, blogger of the popular site Bilingual Monkeys, offers ideas and inspiration for supporting the English side of bilingual children in Japan. Adam, a longtime member of JALT's Bilingualism SIG and editor of the group's monograph "The ABCs of Bilingualism," has been a teacher of bilingual children for many years in Hiroshima, first at Hiroshima International School and currently as a private tutor. He has two bilingual children, a daughter, 8, and a son, 6, who continually distract him from his work as a freelance writer.
Organization: Kobe Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kobe JALT)
Cost: 2000 yen
Venue: KRAC (Kobe Regatta and Athletic Club), 1-20, 2-chome, Hachiman-dori Chuo-ku, Kobe. tel: 078-231-2271
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kobe JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: