A Treasure Chest of Activities for Young Learners
Date: Sunday, May 12th, 2013 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Kim Horne (Izumi Chuo Kindergarten, Gifu)
Explore songs, chants, picture books, class management tips, and other activities that engage young learners with movement, music, interactive reading, drama and MORE! Delve into the structure and strategies of an actual lesson designed to get students thinking, sharpen their senses and build their self-confidence. The presenter will also share some original and favorite activities for teaching phonemic awareness, phonics, shapes, and movement. This active presentation will show you essential elements that will add power and punch to your lessons to make learning fun for everyone!
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (free for students)
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan 4F, 2-11, Dejima-machi (http://goo.gl/maps/5uRTE)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: