Date: Sunday, May 19th, 2013 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Chiyuki Yanase
Chiyuki Yanase, will share a number of storybooks, practical ideas, and activities to engage children in the English narrative world with a story-based approach. This workshop will explore a number of pre-story warm-ups and post-story reading activities that enhance richer and deeper understanding for the learners. Participants are also encouraged to share their own personal narratives at the end of the workshop.
Please pre-register for this event by sending an e-mail to Kevin Trainor at email@example.com.
About the speaker:
Chiyuki is the owner of a private language school for young learners, an ALT at a nursery school, and a writer of TESOL materials. She has co-authored two textbooks. She is currently undertaking a distance learning MA course at Aston University, UK that specializes in Teaching English for Young Learners. Her interests vary from Yoga to collecting, writing, and sharing picture books with young learners.
Organization: ETJ Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Tokyo)
Venue: Bunkyo School Building, Tokyo Campus, Tsukuba University. Nearest station: Myougadani (Marunouchi Line) map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Tokyo
Email QR Code: