Appreciative Inquire Activites and Ideal Classmates Research
Date: Saturday, May 18th, 2013 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Tim Murphey
This presentation will describe research and activities with 488 students in 4 universities in Tokyo in which they were asked a special question at the end of a long survey:
- Q39 Please describe a group of classmates that you could learn English well with. What would you all do to help each other learn better and more enjoyably?
These results can be understood through the field of Appreciative Inquiry and the Altruistic Turn.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 for students)
Venue: Kanagawa Kokaido Hall map
Location: Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: