The 40th (2013) JACET Summer Seminar: Motivation and Autonomy in Language Learning (day 1 of 3)
Date: Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 Time: 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Ema Ushioda (University of Warwick), Osamu Takeuchi (Kansai University), Yasuo Nakatani (Hosei University)
This year, we go back to basics and focus on exploring how to motivate learners. They keynote speaker, Dr. Ushioda, co-authored several publications with Dr. Z. Dörnyei and is a prominent authority in the areas of language learning motivation and learner autonomy. The seminar features lectures, workshops, presentations and participatory discussions.
The proceedings of the Seminar will be published in the early 2014. We are excited to host this important event and hope it will be an excellent opportunity to engage in a productive discussion on issues central to the advancement of EFL practice and research. We look forward to seeing you at the seminar.
Call for papers
Please note that the deadline for submission of presentation proposal and for Seminar registration is June 15, 2013.
Organization: Japan Association of College English Teachers (National JACET)
Cost: JACET Members: 36,000 yen incl. room and board at the venue for three days
Non-members: 31,000 yen for graduate studens incl. room and board at the venue for three days
Venue: Kusatsu Seminar House, Gunma 737 Shirane, Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact National JACET
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 03-3268-9686