Foreign Language Motivation in Japan
Date: Saturday, July 20th, 2013 Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Terry Fellner (Saga University)
This presentation will introduce the latest findings of motivation research carried out in Japan. The presenter will summarize our current understanding of foreign language learning motivation and the significant contributions being made by Japan-based researchers. Recent findings will be discussed, especially the role and importance of the "ought-to self" among Japanese students, and the impact teachers can have on students' motivation.
Organization: Nagasaki Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Nagasaki JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (free for students)
Venue: Dejima Koryu Kaikan Nagasaki, Dejimamachi (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Nagasaki JALT
Email QR Code: