Feedback in EFL Teaching
Date: Saturday, June 22nd, 2013 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: ETJ Fukuoka Committee
Discussion/Workshop: Feedback, which includes evaluation, praise, correction, criticism and more, lets students know how well they are doing. Refining and increasing your feedback can help create happier, more motivated students, and improve classroom behavior. Topics for thought and discussion (feel free to bring your own, too!):
- Extended feedback
- Daily feedback
- Feedback Guidelines
- How students view feedback
- Is testing necessary?
- Praise and its pitfalls
- Peer-feedback and evaluation
- Feedback and classroom management
- Evaluation vs. feedback
Social afterwards: Enjoy drinks and dinner in Nishijin after the meeting. It will be a great chance to focus on teaching, exchange ideas, and network with other teachers in the Fukuoka community!
Organization: ETJ Fukuoka (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Fukuoka)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen (membership is free at the door)
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin Community Center (East Campus) (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Fukuoka
Email QR Code: