Engaging All - Instructional Strategies That Foster Student Success
Date: Friday, June 28th, 2013 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Speaker: Laura Markslag, Scott Badiuk, and Robert Sheridan
Educators of the 21st century are realizing that teaching with the aim of student success involves more than disseminating information to students. Rather, students need to be fully engaged in order to maximize their learning potential. In this workshop, participants will experience various practical and effective instructional strategies that facilitate students' engagement in learning activities. The workshop will begin with energizing community-building activities that assist teachers in focusing student attention. It will then transition into practical instructional strategies that promote student-based learning. All of the strategies discussed can be implemented immediately in the classroom, and will help foster sustained and substantive student success.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Osaka Municipal Lifelong Learning Center, Umeda, Dai-ni Ekimae Building, 6F, Rm 2 (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: