Japan's Revised Labor Contract Law
Date: Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013 Time: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Speaker: Yumiko Nakajima, general secretary of the National Union of General Workers, Tokyo Nambu; interpreter: Chie Matsumoto, journalist
Japan's revised labor contract law went into effect as of April 1, which may not affect you immediately but in a few years time will affect many of you. This is an opportunity to learn the three important points of the new law from a labor expert and to prepare for any potential troubles concerning your employment. Even if you have permanent employment contract, there is always a chance that your companies may change your status. We will have materials in English explaining the new law, which is not made available yet by the Labor Ministry.
Please RSVP to reserve your seat.
Organization: Tokyo Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Tokyo JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Sophia University, Yotsuya Campus, Building 11 Room 411
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Tokyo JALT
Email QR Code: