Learner Development SIG of JALT:
JALT Learner Development SIG 20th Anniversary Conference: Exploring Learner Development: Practices, Pedagogies and Research (day 2 of 2)
Date: Sunday, November 24th, 2013 Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Invited speakers Kensaku Yoshida (Sophia University), Richard Smith (University of Warwick), Naoko Aoki (Osaka University). Special Guest Speaker: Phil Benson (Hong Kong Institute of Education)
You are warmly invited to join us to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the JALT Learner Development SIG and to explore current and future directions in the learner development field. The conference will offer many opportunities and spaces for teachers, researchers, students and NGOs to engage with each other on a rich and challenging range of issues to do with learner development and learner autonomy in formal and non-formal (language) education.
- LD SIG co-founder Naoko Aoki, Professor, Graduate School of Letters, Osaka University
- LD SIG co-founder Richard Smith, Associate Professor, Centre for Applied Linguistics, University of Warwick
- Kensaku Yoshida, Director, Centre for Language Education and Research, Sophia University
- Special guest speaker Phil Benson, Professor in Linguistics and Director of the Centre for Popular Culture in the Humanities at the Hong Kong Institute of Education
Conference spaces will include:
- in-depth discussions about learner development and learner autonomy issues
- interactive workshops for active teacher learning
- presentations exploring research on learner development and learner autonomy issues
- presentations and displays by students about their learning and development, and community
- outreach projects
- presentations and displays by educationally oriented NGOs
- profiles and discussions of different post 3/11 projects in Tohoku
- discussions of collaborative publication projects, poster areas and multi-media displays
- other participant-centred features, including a great party!
Co-sponsoring the conference are the Junior Senior High School SIG and Teachers Helping Teachers SIG: We warmly encourage the participation of teachers from diverse teaching contexts - including elementary school, junior high school, senior high school, university, distance learning, graduate studies, and language school settings - and teachers teaching languages other than English.
Early bird conference registration is now open and closes on Monday 30th September. Early Bird registration rates - until Monday September 30th:
- One-day registration: 2500 yen
- Two-day registration: 4000 yen
- Free registration for students.
See the registration page for details and to register.
Organization: Learner Development Special Interest Group, Japan Association for Language Teaching (Learner Development SIG of JALT)
Cost: various options; see the site for details
Venue: Gakushuin University, Tokyo (map)
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo Metropolis, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Learner Development SIG of JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code:
This event is co-sponsored by: