Self Access Centers
Date: Saturday, July 20th, 2013 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Brett Milliner (Tamagawa University), Travis Coyte (Tamagawa University), Darrell Wilkinson (Soka University) and Bob Morrison (Kanada University of International Studies)
Presenters from universities with active self-access centers (conversational lounges, writing centers, etc.) will speak about what it takes to set up, administer and get your students to effectively use them. Brett Milliner and Travis Coyte will present on a tutorial service recently established at Tamagawa University, in particular looking at communication and using data collection to inform decisions. Darrell Wilkinson will present on the conversation, writing and tutorial centers available at Soka University. Bob Morrison from Kanda University of International Studies will describe their self-access centre, its curriculum, advisors, materials and activities, looking at how they can be adapted to participants' own contexts.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Kanagawa Youth Center, under Kannai Hall map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: