(1) Designing Independent Listening Projects; (2) Ukiyo-Eigo: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Art and EFL
Date: Saturday, October 12th, 2013 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Caleb Prichard; (2) Tom Fast
(1) Designing Independent Listening Projects, Caleb Prichard
This presentation discusses several ways to organize listening projects and have students share their work, including high-tech and low-tech options. Student preferences and variables will also be examined.
(2) Ukiyo-Eigo: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Art and EFL, Tom Fast
The best way to learn Art and English is through action. Local high school students studied traditional Japanese art in English then produced their own beautiful drawings, writing and conversation.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: Change of venue: East side of Notre Dame building, seminar room 1-1
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: