English teaching for learners' character development: Locally relevant efforts
Date: Sunday, September 8th, 2013 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Kazuya Asakawa
The current trends in teaching English are seeking for heavily skill-oriented learning. On the contrary, there is the Japanese English teachers' efforts to develop students' character through teaching English. English textbooks for junior and senior high school include varieties of topics to use in this. Those traditions can be combined with international development such as the resources from European Youth Centre in Budapest (EYCB) for human rights education and others for Conflicts Resolution skill building training. In this workshop, local teachers' efforts in Japan are introduced and also several exemplars from overseas are exercised. The discussion will be on the proper contents and methods which have more holistic pedagogical meanings for foreign language teaching in Japan.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Kirigaiya Kouminkan (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: