ETJ East Tokyo:
CANCELED (due to typhoon): Child-Friendly Assessment and Activities
Date: Monday, September 16th, 2013 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Yuco Kikuchi
This event has been canceled
It was announced on the ETJ mailing list that this workshop has been canceled due to the approaching typhoon. Below you'll find the original description for this event.
It is well known that language learning requires a lot of time. It is necessary for EFL teachers to show parents children's progress and encourage them to continue learning. Giving a test to assess children's progress is one of the ways to show the progress. But it requires a lot of preparation and sometimes money. Test taking also gives children pressure. And it doesn't necessarily show their real progress. This workshop will give you an opportunity to think about various ways of assessing children and activities. In the first half of this workshop we will look at the activities and materials that can assess children's progress in a regular classroom. In the last half of this workshop, participants will share their favorite books, songs and chants or activities and discuss what skills we can assess and see how to improve the activity to develop other skills.
Organization: ETJ East Tokyo (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ East Tokyo)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen for ETJ members
Non-members: 1000 yen for onsite registration and one day ETJ members
Venue: Shin-Koiwa Chiku Center (5 min. walk from Shin-Koiwa station, JR Sobu Line Phone: 03-3653-7141, Shin-koiwa 2-17-1, Katsushika-ku, Tokyo)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ East Tokyo
Email QR Code:
Phone (home): 043-251-0027