Wh's of Our Profession
Date: Saturday, November 16th, 2013 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Umida Ashurova (Nanzan University)
This workshop will focus on professional development in ELT by making distinctions between two streams: Teaching Knowledge (What to teach? and Why to teach?) and Teaching Practice (How to teach?). It will underline current widespread attention on the former, and will argue for the need to afford equal importance to the latter. Participants will reflect on their teaching using SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analysis and learn several TP techniques that can lead to happier classrooms and greater job satisfaction.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: JR GIFU Station - Heartful Square Culture Centre 2nd Floor (Southeast end of Gifu Station)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: