Kanda Gaigo University:
Directions in Self-Access Learning
Date: Saturday, October 19th, 2013 Time: 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Speaker: Several speakers
Increasing numbers of institutions in Japan are investing in self-access facilities. Self-access learning plays an important role in promoting language learner autonomy by providing opportunities and support for students to take charge of their language learning. A range of presentations will examine current practices in self-access and the role it plays in language education. Themes explored at this event will include: setting up a self-access facility learner involvement in self-access advising practices and training resources and materials.
Speakers include Ashley Moore (Osaka Institute of Technology), Azusa Kodate, Caleb Foale (Hiroshima Bunkyo Women's University), Yasushi Iida, Jo Mynard, Miho Funakura / Mina Onuma / Yoko Ono / Yuko Momata, Chiho Tamegaya / Kai Sekiguchi /Kanae Sakuraba / Kobe K. Harnchana (Kanda University of International Studies), Craig Manning (Shimane University), Herman Bartelen, Hisako Yamashita and Satoko Kato (Kanda Institute of Foreign Languages, Katherine Thornton and Troy Rubesch (Otemon Gakuin University), Scott Crowe (Sojo University).
Organization: Kanda University of International Studies (Kanda Gaigo University) (Kanda Gaigo University)
Venue: Kanda University of International Studies, Chiba map and details
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kanda Gaigo University
Email QR Code: