(1) Introducing Mreader; (2) Monty Python for Teaching Pragmatic Awareness
Date: Saturday, November 16th, 2013 Time: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: (1) Richard Lemmer; (2) Scott Gardner
Introducing Mreader, by Richard Lemmer
Mreader is the updated version of Moodle reader from Tom Robb. The speaker will demonstrate its features from instructor and student perspectives. Student feedback on its use will also be provided.
Monty Python for Teaching Pragmatic Awareness, by Scott Gardner
Pragmatic awareness is raised using humorous miscommunications in 'Monty Python's Flying Circus' and 'Fawlty Towers'. Scenes from these shows highlight pragmatic failures, helping students relax while considering "correct" speaking beyond vocabulary and grammar.
Organization: Okayama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Okayama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: NDSU at Logos Hall
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Okayama JALT
Email QR Code: