An Evening with Elka Todeva of SIT Graduate Institute, the Osaka JALT Featured Speaker at JALT2013
Date: Tuesday, October 29th, 2013 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Speaker: Elka Todeva (SIT Graduate Institute)
Join us for a relaxing evening of dinner with Professor Elka Todeva of the SIT Graduate Institute, and one of this year's Featured Speakers at JALT2013, sponsored by Osaka JALT. Details of her presentations at JALT2013 can be found at the conference schedule page.
Elka Todeva holds a doctorate in English applied linguistics and a master's degree in British and American literature, English linguistics, and simultaneous interpretation. At SIT Graduate Institute since 1993, she teaches and does research in the areas of second language acquisition, English applied linguistics, critical pedagogy, language analysis, multilingualism, teacher cognition, and ecological approaches to teaching. A native of Bulgaria, Elka began working in the US as a visiting Fulbright scholar. Her publications include The Multiple Realities of Multilingualism: Personal Narratives and Researchers' Perspectives (Mouton de Gruyter, 2009), three ESL textbooks, two English dictionaries, and numerous articles on language acquisition and learning, English linguistics, discourse, brain-friendly teaching, multimedia, and reflective practices.
For more about Elka, please see this page. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, Oct 28, so we can be sure to reserve enough seats.
Organization: Osaka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Osaka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: 1500 yen for dinner buffet + 500 yen for nomihodai
Non-members: 2500 yen for dinner buffet + 500 yen for nomihodai
Venue: Satoyama dining restaurant, Hankyu Terminal Building 17F, (near Hankyu Umeda) map
Location: Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Add this to iCal
Add to Outlook
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Osaka JALT
Email QR Code: