Negotiating the discipline: Writing for publication in TEFL/TESL
Date: Saturday, November 16th, 2013 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Theron Muller (University of Toyama)
This two part interactive workshop will first discuss the practices of teacher-researchers writing for academic publication, considering obstacles encountered and strategies for successfully overcoming those obstacles. The second part will examine examples of the process of negotiating publication, discussing samples of writing submitted for review alongside the comments of editors and reviewers. Discussion will center around how manuscripts require transformation through dialog with academic reviewers and editors. Participants interested in preparing their own manuscripts for publication will learn more about the process they should expect their papers to undergo and how to go about selecting potential publications for their work.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Meeting room 1, Yokohama Kyoiku Kaikan map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: