Phonics and Picture Books With Mari and Eric
Date: Sunday, December 1st, 2013 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Mari Nakamura (English Square), Eric Kane (ELF Learning)
Eric: How do we learn to read? What is the goal of teaching phonics? This presentation will look at what comes prior, during and after phonics instruction. Participants will learn to see phonics for what it is...an important part of the learning-to-read process which leads us to the ultimate goal of establishing a lifetime reading habit.
Mari: Have you ever wondered how best you can stimulate children’s imagination and foster their logical thinking using a picture book? Do you wish to expand your repertoire of picture book-based activities? Join this fun, practical and theoretically-sound workshop, and you will see the value of picture books in a whole new light.
Organization: ETJ Kobe (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Kobe)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Marist Brothers International School, 1-2-1 Chimoricho, Suma Ward, Kobe,
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Kobe
Email QR Code: