KOTESOL National Conference 2014: Change in the Classroom: Principled Pragmatism
Date: Saturday, May 31st, 2014 Time: 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Speaker: Marc Helgesen, more. Call for papers due March 12th, 2014
Our goal for this year's event is to explore Principled Pragmatism in the Korean and Global ELT setting. The theme means that we are not committed to a single theory or aspect associated with the SLA process. Instead, we choose to explore how problems, issues and challenges are dealt with in real teaching contexts using a divergent range of methodologies, strategies and techniques. Considering this conference focus, we invite any proposal that focuses on improving practice in the classroom through informed means. The proposals should, however, fit into one of the following four formats:
- Practical Research Reports that Address Needs and Challenges (Especially Action Research Projects)
- Presentations of Classroom Techniques & Practices Addressing Students' Needs
- Interactive Workshops Presenting Principled ELT Practices
- Engaging Poster Sessions
For details, please see koreatesol.org/nc2014
Organization: Korea Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (KOTESOL)
Cost: KOTESOL Members: 10,000 won (~US$10)
Non-members: 20,000 won (~US$20)
Venue: Global Plaza, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code: