Principles of vocabulary acquisition - how well do textbooks do?
Date: Saturday, May 24th, 2014 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Rob Waring
This presentation will first review some of the underlying principles of foreign language vocabulary acquisition. It will then look at how well course books and other ELT materials cover the most important vocabulary and whether they adhere to these underlying principles. Participants are asked to bring any current EFL text they are using to show others and review in light of the above principles.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Wel-Tobata, Tobata (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: