New Year Curriculum My Share
Date: Saturday, March 1st, 2014 Time: 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Speaker: (1) Bill Pellowe; (2) Steve Paton; (3) Kate Parkinson; (4) Robert Cochrane
With exams out of the way and courses planned for the new school year, we have some local presenters sharing their ideas for 2014. The line up so far includes:
- Bill Pellowe: Using Excel and Numbers for class attendance and grade calculations
- Steve Paton:
1) Using mind-mapping software to get and stay organised through a semester
2) Using hyperlinks in Keynote to pre-teach vocabulary
- Kate Parkinson: Easy scoring and feedback systems for student presentations
- Robert Cochrane: Using Google forms for online quizzes, surveys & activities
There are still some open spots If you would like a 20-minute slot to present your advice or innovations, please contact Kate Parkinson as soon as possible to reserve a place.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Community Center (2F), Nishijin, Fukuoka City map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: