Mabuhay Classroom Kyushu:
Mind and Body: Active Learning and Teaching Strategies
Date: Saturday, February 22nd, 2014 Time: 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
Speaker: Marco Brazil (IETC) Training Director
How can we teachers give our students the oppportunity to experience concepts in physical ways? When children use their bodies to demonstrate how high, low, wide, and narrow a shape is, they greatly enhance their understanding of these intellectual mathematical concepts. When they act out words and stories, children add dimensions to their comprehension and are far more likely to remember what they have engaged with. In this workshop we will explore why children find active learning to be more fun and engaging than traditional teaching method.
Organization: Mabuhay Classroom Kyushu
Cost: 2,000 yen
Venue: 3F Masatomo Bldg., Tenjin 4-chome-5-20, Fukuoka shi
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Mabuhay Classroom Kyushu
Email QR Code: