Technology in Language Teaching
Date: Saturday, February 15th, 2014 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:45 PM
Speaker: Kevin Ryan, Dan Ferreira, Simeon Flowers, Travis Cote and Brett Milliner
Close to 100 per cent of tertiary students in Japan now have a mobile device and most schools have wireless Internet capabilities, so how can language teachers capitalise on these conditions? This workshop style event will feature presentations from the chief editor and contributors to Digital Mobile Language Learning, a collection of online publications for teaching and learning languages using technology. There will also be opportunities for discussion and questions concerning technological issues teachers are facing in their language classroom.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Tamagawa University, Building 5 Room 424 (level four room #424). Near Tamagawagakuen-Mae station (exit 1), one stop from Machida on Odakyu line (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: