English Circles and the ELF Class
Date: Saturday, June 14th, 2014 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Michael Phillips
This presentation consists of three interrelated sessions. Initial discussion will center on a deeper exploration of what is meant by the term "English Circles," and will reveal the increasing importance of English as a lingua franca (ELF) interactions to the learner. The next stage will explore how "globish," as an emerging language code, is helping to fill the communicative functionality gap between NNS interactions, and reveals the systematic trend towards greater clarity of expression. The third session will then allow participants to discuss the standard they teach, and also to explore specific in-class ELF-centric issues.
Organization: Kitakyushu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Kitakyushu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Wel Tobata, Tobata (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Kitakyushu JALT
Email QR Code: