Integrating Integrated Speaking Into Your Curriculum
Date: Saturday, April 19th, 2014 Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Sei Isomine
The purpose of the presentation is to demonstrate how TOEFL Speaking Integrated Tasks can be effectively incorporated into classroom instruction and assessment. While most instructors can readily use speaking tasks that similar to TOEFL Independent Tasks (which consist of personal preferences and paired choices), using Integrated Tasks (which require reading and/or listening as well) can be equally effective for practice and assessment in that it helps improve students' listening comprehension and summarizing skills. The presentation describes the advantages of incorporating TOEFL Integrated Speaking Tasks, introduces sample questions, and analyzes ETS Speaking Rubrics. He then goes on to illustrate how the Tasks were used and the Rubrics were modified at APU. Finally, the presenter will illustrate a variety of ways in which instructors can use the Tasks suitably for their student levels. A Q & A session will follow.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University Community Center 2F (map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: