The Five Senses Workshop: An Experiential, Learner-Led Event
Date: Sunday, March 16th, 2014 Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Matt Shannon and Brad Semans
Get your hands dirty with Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) in this curated event: we'll learn better ways to talk about (and enjoy) chocolate, let our nose start a conversation, outsource our brains with wooden blocks and dice, and learn to play the ukulele. It's ok, there will be elementary and junior high school students helping you along the way. Oh yeah, we're going to finish an ice cream lab, toppings and discussion to follow. CLIL engagements lend themselves to intrinsic motivation, and it is our goal that you may experience this, rather than glearn about it. In such environments, you will find your job as an educator to be move away from the teacher and towards an enabler of independently-driven learning.
Organization: Saitama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Saitama JALT)
Venue: Sakuragi Kominkan, 6th Floor, Kitchen (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Saitama JALT
Email QR Code: