Understanding Our Students' Memories
Date: Saturday, May 17th, 2014 Time: 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Speaker: Hosam Elmetaher
Students need to memorize hundreds of vocabulary words, especially in their reading classes; therefore, it is important for teachers to understand how the brain works. What are the different types of memory and how can we improve them? This presentation aims to develop different ways of teaching in order to enhance memory.
Organization: Fukuoka Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Fukuoka JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: Seinan Gakuin University Community Center 2F (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Fukuoka JALT
Email QR Code: