Yardsticks of Quality in Japanese Higher Education
Date: Saturday, April 19th, 2014 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Sarah Louisa Birchley (Toyo Gakuen University)
Dr. Sarah Louisa Birchley's presentation and workshop will explore and seek to make sense of the concept of quality in HE institutions in Japan. We will discuss what quality means, how it is measured, how it is interpreted by those involved and whether it s a habit or an act. The session will begin in workshop style before a short presentation is given on longitudinal qualitative research conducted on quality assurance in a Japanese private university. The session will finish with another interactive activity and time for questions and discussion. This session is useful for those interested in education management, those directly involved in accreditation procedures and those with an interest in how things outside the classroom impact the lives of teachers.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: JR Gifu Station, Heartful Square 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: