Date: Sunday, April 20th, 2014 Time: 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Speaker: Anyone Attending
Our April event this year will follow a new format - My Question. The idea is that everyone who comes should think of a question or two that they would like to ask the group. This could be a straightforward factual question, a request for suggestions/advice, or a discussion starter. For example:
- How do you handle plagiarism?
- Do you teach pronunciation? How?
- What writing errors do you think we should correct?
- Iím writing a Japanese CV, but I donít know what to put in this section here.
- What kind of questions did you get at your job interviews for a university position?
- What job websites are best?
- Has anyone set up a graded reader library without school funding?
- My teaching group shares a lot of worksheets/materials, but sharing by email is getting fiddly. Is there a better way?
- Some of the teachers I supervise don't use the assigned textbooks. Students are complaining. What should I do?
- How do I choose a journal to publish in?
- I want to do a quantitative project, but I donít know statistics. Where can I learn?
- Whats the best way to analyse interview data?
Everyone who comes should think of a question or two that they would like to ask the group.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Yokohama Kyoiku Kaikan (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: