Workshop: Using Japanese cultural techniques in the foreign language classroom
Date: Saturday, June 21st, 2014 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Morten Hunke (Aichi Prefectural University)
This workshop demonstrates how Japanese cultural formats like haiku, tanka, and kamishibai may be employed in the foreign language classroom. This encompasses areas such as comparative culture, scaffolding, teaching aspects of pronunciation/ prosody, creative language usage, and literature awareness. Workshop participants will have a first hand opportunity to experiment with the various formats. If this has made you curious, goal number one has been achieved. Goal number two is for you to join in.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: Heartful Square 2F, JR Gifu Station
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: