Raising Gender Awareness in the EFL Community in Japan: A closer examination of gender in the classroom and in the workplace.
Date: Saturday, May 17th, 2014 Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Kristie Collins (Tsukuba University) Reiko Yoshihara Diane Nagatomo
Many people are under the misguided perception that gender issues belong exclusively within the realm of “women” and are not of importance or of interest to men. This panel of GALE members, aims to correct this illusion by presenting gender based topics about teaching methodology, beliefs and professional lives, which can be of use and interest to both a female and a male audience.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Kanagawa Chiku Center (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: