The Art of Crafting Lessons - Creating lessons with movement, music, mystery and magic.
Date: Sunday, July 6th, 2014 Time: 10:15 AM - 12:30 PM
Speaker: Kim Horne
Knowing how to craft a lesson to ignite curiosity, inspire motivation, instill self-confidence, and make an impact is an important teaching skill. Attendees will learn essential planning rules, see an actual lesson and then delve deeper into the method and components used in creating a themed lesson. This is a lesson planning intensive that will cover helpful routines, songs & chants, how to use picture books, create mystery, and more to increase the motivation, discipline, learning and fun in your classes! Following the meeting there will be a lunch at a nearby restaurant for those who wish to attend.
Kim Horne is from the U.S. and has a background in theatre with experience in acting, radio and television. She began teaching English to children and training teachers in Japan in 2000 and currently works at a private kindergarten in Gifu City.
Organization: ETJ Kyoto (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Kyoto)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1,000 yen
Venue: 9th floor Kyoto Prefectural International Center map
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Kyoto
Email QR Code: