Children's Books of Malaysia
Date: Thursday, July 3rd, 2014 Time: 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Speaker: Author/Illustrator Yusof Gajah; Literary Agent Linda Tan Lingard
Author/illustrator Yusof Gajah will share some of his early works and sources of inspiration. He will present his journey which began as a young boy browsing through picture books from the library to the publication of his first picture book and later winning the Noma Concours Grand Prize. From then on he has travelled round the world as jury for a number of competitions and spent time with children from different parts of the world.
Agent Linda Tan Lingard will discuss the children's book market in Malaysia today, what publishers are publishing, opportunities for translation and key events to watch out for. She will also provide examples of children's books from different categories and highlight some of the books that have travelled well across borders.
Organization: The Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) Japan (SCBWI)
Cost: SCBWI Members: 1,000 yen
Non-members: 1500 yen
Venue: Tokyo Women's Plaza Conference Room 1 5-53-67 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo (by the Childrenes Castle and United Nations University
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Email QR Code:
Phone (work): 0467-31-6908