Humor in EFL: Gold Mine or Mine Field?
Date: Saturday, July 12th, 2014 Time: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Scott Gardner (Okayama University)
This workshop discusses humor's potential in EFL instruction. It looks at two intertwined applications of humor in the classroom: "humor as subject" - giving students input showing how humor pervades contemporary English usage; and "humor as medium" - encouraging humor as a teaching / learning / socializing tool in classroom interaction. The workshop also addresses numerous complications of classroom humor use.
Organization: Gifu Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Gifu JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1,000 yen (first time free)
Venue: JR Gifu Station, Heartful Square 2F
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Gifu JALT
Email QR Code: