(1) Overcoming English Teaching Challenges Together; (2) The Relationship Between Japan and Foreign People/Cultures Since The Meiji Era (in Japanese)
Date: Sunday, July 27th, 2014 Time: 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Speaker: Kojima Naoya
(1) Overcoming English Teaching Challenges Together: Japanese and English discussions with like-minded teachers
The first half is a 50-minute group session to discuss teaching challenges, solutions, and milestones. It's a great opportunity to compare teaching situations and get assistance with solving problems that you, and likely other teachers, face in the classroom.
(2) The Relationship Between Japan and Foreign People/Cultures Since The Meiji Era
The second half introduces Naoya Kojima, who will talk about the history of the relationship, conflicts, and compromises between Japan and foreign people/cultures. Understanding the differences and having respect is the key. The presenter has experience in teaching at elementary school, junior high school and university, and has also worked in Hong Kong as a teacher sent by the Department of Education.(in Japanese)
Organization: ETJ Aichi (English Teachers in Japan) (ETJ Aichi)
Cost: ETJ Members: 500 yen
Non-members: 1000 yen
Venue: Nagoya International Center
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact ETJ Aichi
Email QR Code: