Exploring The Value Of Student Self-transcription
Date: Saturday, July 19th, 2014 Time: 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Speaker: Simon Cooke and Colin Skeates
Students transcribing their own spoken output (self-transcription) is a teaching tools that has been sparingly investigated in recent years. With the advancement of technology, however, self-transcription has become easier to administer. In this workshop, Simon Cooke and Colin Skeates will share research into their use of self-transcription in the classroom. In addition, attendees will have a chance to try self-transcription and participate in a discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of using self-transcription in their own teaching context. As cell phones will be used during the workshop, please ensure that your phone has recently been charged before you attend.
Organization: Yokohama Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Yokohama JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 1000 yen (500 yen for students)
Venue: Kanagawa Youth Center, under Kannai Hall (map)
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Yokohama JALT
Email QR Code:
Email QR Code: