Creating Creative Classes
Date: Saturday, July 26th, 2014 Time: 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Speaker: Robert Olson (Tomakomai Komazawa University)
This user-friendly workshop will focus on helping language teachers create materials and resources that will shoot the class learning factor and fun factor through the roof. We will practice drawing/cartooning while making flashcards, posters, games and activities that will be applicable to university and adult students as well as younger children. Artistic teachers will enjoy this class but teachers who can't draw a straight line to save their lives will enjoy it even more!
Robert Olson is an associate professor at Tomakomai Komazawa University who has been teaching English to students from kindergarten age to adults since 1991. He is the author of Cultural Dinosaur and Cultural Dinosaur 2, a collection of comics that compare and contrast American and Japanese culture.
Organization: Hokkaido Chapter of the Japan Association for Language Teaching (Hokkaido JALT)
Cost: JALT Members: free
Non-members: 500 yen
Venue: L-Plaza, 4F, Kenshushitsu room 3, Sapporo
You can add this event to your iCal calendar.
- Click on the iCal icon. Your iCal software will start.
- Click 'Subscribe':
- Under 'Auto Refresh', select 'Every day' in case the the basic details change:
You can add this event to your Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Click on the MS Outlook icon.
- See what happens.
- Tell us what happens. I don't have MS Outlook on a Windows computer, so I can't test it.
- If you click on the icon and nothing happens, do this:
- Right-click on the icon and save the file.
- According to Microsoft's support page, in Outlook's File menu, you should click Import and Export.
- Click to select Import an iCalendar or vCalendar file (*.vcs), and then click Next.
- Click to select the vCalendar file you've just saved, and then click Open.
Contact Hokkaido JALT
Email QR Code: